Saturday, April 30, 2011

SJ's Siwon for Men's UNO

SJ's Siwon's photoshoot for Men's UNO has just been released today.  The magazine article he is featured in is called "Too Good to be True Choi Siwon".  In the article, Siwon talks about his role in the drama Extravagant Challenge (also known as Skip-Beat!), in which Siwon plays a main role along with fellow SJ member Donghae (more on Siwon's role under the cut).

Skip-Beat!, which was originally a Japanese manga, will have Taiwanese and Korean actors collaborating together to make a Taiwanese drama adaptation.  Siwon and Donghae had to learn Mandarin in order to fulfill their roles. Donghae had been practicing Mandarin in his Tweets to his fans (follow Donghae here).

INTERVIEW FROM MEN'S UNO UNDER THE CUT


"Since Donghae and I play main roles in the drama, we have to stay in Taiwan for a while. However, right now, I still don't have the confidence to speak in Mandarin for the drama.
In the drama, I play a character who has just debuted in the entertainment industry. It prompted him to break it off with his girlfriend, but in the end, he realizes he can't forget the innocence of his girlfriend"
"I share similarities with this character that I play. Whether it be my career or life, I face it with a lot of enthusiasm and energy. Also, I tend to consider other people's feelings before I do anything, I'm still working hard on it though"
 According to DramaWiki, Siwon will be starring with Ivy Chen, who is a well-known Taiwanese actress who has been in Taiwanese dramas such as Black and White.

Filming for Skip-Beat! started in March 2011.  The release date for the drama has not been confirmed, but is rumored to be during summer 2011.

Image sources: JpopAsia and F***Yeah Choi Siwon Tumblr
Information sources: SMtownjjang
Interview translation: JpopAsia

0 comments:

Post a Comment